Studentship Payment Information
Studentship stipends are paid directly in to your bank account in monthly instalments, in advance. These payments are exempt from income tax and National Insurance contributions.
The annual stipend for the academic years:
- 2015/16 is £14,057.00 for full time students and £8,431.00 for part-time students
- 2016/17 is £14,296.00 for full time students and £8,577.60 for part time students
- 2017/18 is £14,553.00 for full-time students and £8,731.80 for part-time students
- 2018/19 is £14,777.00 for full-time students and £8,866.20 for part-time students
- 2019/20 is £15,009.00 for full-time students and £9,005.40 for part-time students
For Northumbria Students:
You will be asked to provide your bank details at the pre-registration stage by completing the Studentship Payment Form for new Starters
If you have not provided your bank details at this stage, or need to update them, you can do so by emailing a completed Studentship Amendment to Personal Details/Bank Details Form form to email@example.com
Payments will be made as detailed in the schedule below and all recipients will receive a remittance advice from Northumbria University’s Finance department.
For Sunderland Students:
Bursary payments are made by Direct Credit into your bank account in quarterly instalments, 1st October, 1st January, 1st April and 1st July. Payments reach your bank account on the 5th working day of the month in which the payment is due.
If during the period of the studentship you need to update your bank details this can be done via e:Vision
Any queries relating to the above should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org